Debt collection for a business debt that is undisputed
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Letter Before Action: £50
|Debt value||Court fee (issuing through Money Claims Online)||Our fee (excluding VAT)||Fee to enter into Default Judgment|
|Up to £300||£25||£50||£22|
|£10,001-£200,000||4.5% of the value of the claim||£100||£30|
|Greater than £200,000||£10,000||£100||£30|
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions.
- Receiving a payment and sending onto you.
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter into Default Judgment.
If payment is not made after Judgment has been received, we will provide you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Matters usually take 2-12 weeks from receipt of instruction from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgment in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.